The following info graph shows some interesting statistics on how churches used social media (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc) in 2012. Here are some of the facts that really stood out to me.
- 51% of churches said that at least one of their senior staff regularly blogs or updates social media.
- 74% of churches do not have a paid staff member that updates their church’s social media pages. (I predict this statistic will change drastically over the next few years.)
- 56% of churches allowed and/or encouraged staff members to update their personal social media pages while at work.
- Over 75% of churches surveyed are not maximizing their social media reach. (This is huge! To their determent, churches are typically very slow to adapt to new technology. #Fail! Wise churches understand the importance of constantly looking for new and innovate ways to reach more people for the cause of Christ. I could go on and on about this, but I digress…..for now.
Do any of these statistics surprise you? How is your church doing at using social tools (Facebook, Twitter, etc) to reach people?
Latest posts by Rick Smith (see all)
- How Much Time Do People In Your Church Spend On Facebook, Twitter, And Pinterest? - January 15, 2013
- (Almost) Everything You’ve Always Wanted To Know About Twitter But Were Afraid To Ask - January 14, 2013
- How Churches Are Using Social Media - January 13, 2013